Welcome to The Petrified Pen.
This site is for aspiring and established writers who wish to be part of a support network.
There is a blog that deals with my personal mutterings about the journey I’ve been on to become a writer and to meet like minded souls. But I’m sure that’s not why you’re here. This site hopes to offer a single point of reference for writers needs. It includes;
- The Petrified Pen Writers Forum
- Post questions & support your fellow writers with answers
- Cover topics such as; marketing & social media, editing, book covers & branding, traditional publishing, & self publishing (indie).
- An Events Calendar (currently UK only)
- Literary Festivals
- Writing & publishing courses
- Marketing Professionals
- Book Reviews
- Looking for Beta Readers?
- Submit your new book release for the community to review & support
- Writing & publishing competitions across the web
- The Petrified Pen Writing Competition
I’m not sure what to write here to be honest. About Me? Well, here goes…
I was born in New Zealand and brought up in the UK. I’m 41 years old. I promise, I don’t look a day over 40 but you’ll have to take my word for it.
I’ve spent the last 20 years working in IT. Don’t fall asleep on me yet people. After many years I was lucky enough to land a well paid contracting gig. You would think I’d be happy by now, right? But the 55 hours a week and political dick swinging was exhausting.
So, I decided to take 6 months off to finish some of the books I’ve been writing.
But guess what, the 6 months ended and it turns out the bug has bitten me. I’ve enjoyed my new life too much. I’ve decided there is more I can offer to people just like me. So this site was born, and has morphed into what you have here.
I hope it’s useful.
This site is in early development and therefore any comments to improve it are welcome.